A thriller to remember. James Patterson has a way of writing that keeps you engaged. I read this book out loud to my sister, Hayley, and we both were so into it that we could barely breathe. This book was about vampires, but the ones that really exist in society. Usually, I try to steer clear of anything about modern-day killers, but this was an exception. For those of you who really like Dean Koontz, you will really come to like James Patterson's Alex Cross Series. Oh, and just to let you know, this isn't the first book in the series. I just picked this one up at the library after reading "Witch and Wizard". The first is called "Alone Came a Spider", which I haven't read yet. So, don't start with "Violets are Blue" and go in the order I did because it kind of ruined the whole plot line of the series. Grade: 95%
Reason for Grade: This book could very easily offend or disturb someone. There is a lot of vile language used in this book, but if that doesn't matter to you, then you'll be just fine. As I read this book out loud to my sister, there was a explicit, sadistic sex scene that was embarassing to read in front of my younger sister. NO ONE under the age of 15 should read this... and especially not out loud to anyone younger!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment