Saturday, September 4, 2010

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

This was a breath of fresh air compared to "The Choice". In Nicholas Spark's book, he delivers a story about family, love, and learning to heal from a broken heart. I cried so hard as I was reading this book that I had to put it down for a while. This book has something for everyone in it... but if you're a horse lover, a military veteran, a special education teacher, or a coin collector... this story will really appeal to you. I wish the end would have been a little bit different, because it was too sad to handle. I heard they made this book into a movie, though. I'll have to see it and compare.

Grade: 94%

Reason for Grade: There was a lot of military drinking. There was a big of cussing but not enough to freak you out. There was one sex scene, but it wasn't very explicit. There was another part where a couple of the military people were talking about how "wild" their girlfriends were in bed, and it was very sexist and vulgar. John, however, kept his private as a promise to his girlfriend. I recommend that no one under the age of 12 reads this book because of minor sexual references.

No comments: