I'll call this book the most beautiful story since "A Ring of Endless Light" By Madeleine L'Engle and "Island of the Blue Dolphins" By Scott O'dell, and that's a high compliment. This is one of my all-time favorite books EVER written. Surprisingly, this is Lauren Kate's first book, but she writes as if she's had centuries of experience. The author shows how love triumphs over time, intelligence, and fate. I've always wanted to read a book like this. One of the things I loved the most about this book was the fact the male character which is romanced doesn't have brown hair, which really shows it doesn't always have to be an Edward Cullen look-alike that falls in love. I also really liked the use of angels. There were a couple of funny characters which made me laugh a lot. Note that on the cover of the book, it has a quote from P.C Cast (author of the "House of Night" series). I'll tell you right now that this book is way different than P.C Cast's writing. There isn't any random sex, intense cussing, Gossip Girl, or sappy, stupid story lines. If you're a huge fan of all the stuff I just listed, you are NOT going to like this book. But, if you like true love, angels, a bit of horror, and an electric, engaging story line... this is the book for you. Grade: 100%
Reason for Grade: This book captivated me. I've always wanted to read a book like this. If you're really put off by a lot of drinking, this book will probably not be a favorite of yours. Personally, it didn't bother me. Lauren Kate actually used the fact that students at the reform school snuck in alcohol to show their rebellion and cleverness in breaking the rules. I think anybody could read this aloud or silently to anybody of any age and not get a negative reaction.

No comments:
Post a Comment