Sometimes, there is a reason for extinction.This book explores the depths of xenotransplantation. Scientists are no longer interested in using pigs to harvest human organs, so they hire a suicidal Chinese woman, the most brilliant mind of the century, and use her to create the new organ donor. So, they bring back the ancestor of mammals, but there's a twist. In the last days of her dimentia, the Chinese woman creates the greatest predator that could ever exist. The Ancestors are unlike anything the scientists have ever seen before. They open their eyes in the womb, chew their way out of their mother, and even have a wierd, fin-shaped organ made of cartilage that grows on the back of their head. By the time they realize how dangerous the situation is, the Ancestors have already been born, and they may be the end of the world as we know it. Scott Sigler has, once again, produced an excellent book that explores the many different personalities and mentalities of mankind at the same time as keeping me up until two in the morning with fear. This book isn't for the weak at heart, but it is a rewarding read that will satisfy anyone who gives it their time.
Grade: 82%
Reason For Grade: This book would have made it into the higher nineties if I didn't hate the male characters in this book so much. They were so schovenistic (forgive me if I spelled that wrong) and they are the scum of the Earth. I can see why Scott Sigler made the characters this way, but still, I hated it how there were scientists using drugs, using demeaning terms for women's genitalia and their own, and even the overexcessive swearing kind of got to me. However, this book was excellent by means of scientific content and horror. Scott Sigler made this book seem so real that it seemed like it was actually happening. I couldn't sleep for a long time because I was crying because I was so scared. There is a scene where a fetus opens up its eyes and tries to attack a camera probe. That scene freaked me out so badly that I couldn't even handle it. I had to set the book down, but I still wanted to read and find out what was going to happen. Honestly, I started skim-reading over the parts where the scientists were involved because they kind of took away from the story, though I have to admit that when Gun was writing the vampire romance book, I laughed out loud when he wrote the part about the vampire with the "ruby-encrusted penis". Hahaha! Good one Scott! I am a fan of the Twilight book (notice I said books, not movies) and I even got a kick out of it. Overall, I really enjoyed this book. Again, I realize why the majority of the characters really sucked, but, as usual, Scott Sigler's sci-fi creations are unique, scary, and all his own. I would recommend this book to anyone who's liked any of Scott Sigler's other books.
Grade: 82%
Reason For Grade: This book would have made it into the higher nineties if I didn't hate the male characters in this book so much. They were so schovenistic (forgive me if I spelled that wrong) and they are the scum of the Earth. I can see why Scott Sigler made the characters this way, but still, I hated it how there were scientists using drugs, using demeaning terms for women's genitalia and their own, and even the overexcessive swearing kind of got to me. However, this book was excellent by means of scientific content and horror. Scott Sigler made this book seem so real that it seemed like it was actually happening. I couldn't sleep for a long time because I was crying because I was so scared. There is a scene where a fetus opens up its eyes and tries to attack a camera probe. That scene freaked me out so badly that I couldn't even handle it. I had to set the book down, but I still wanted to read and find out what was going to happen. Honestly, I started skim-reading over the parts where the scientists were involved because they kind of took away from the story, though I have to admit that when Gun was writing the vampire romance book, I laughed out loud when he wrote the part about the vampire with the "ruby-encrusted penis". Hahaha! Good one Scott! I am a fan of the Twilight book (notice I said books, not movies) and I even got a kick out of it. Overall, I really enjoyed this book. Again, I realize why the majority of the characters really sucked, but, as usual, Scott Sigler's sci-fi creations are unique, scary, and all his own. I would recommend this book to anyone who's liked any of Scott Sigler's other books.

No comments:
Post a Comment