Monday, May 24, 2010

Kate and Leopold

This is the best of all feel-good movies. In "Kate and Leopold", Leopold (Hugh Jackman), Duke of Albany, is supposed to find a bride by midnight, but can't seem to choose a woman because none of them are right. Then, a thief breaks into his palace and starts rummaging through his precious things. Leopold, in hope of catching the thief, accidentally stumbles through a time portal into the present where he meets Kate (Meg Ryan), single woman flirting with her boss in hopes of getting a promotion. When she meets Leopold, at first she thinks he is a freak from a Renaissance parade who's one true goal is to ruin her life. But then, she realizes the truth: Leopold is in love with her. And slowly, she begins to find herself loving him too. But can a love so great exist between two people from different time periods?
There are a couple of parts in this movie that I absolutely adored. I love the part when Kate falls asleep in Leopold's lap and he tucks her into bed. Then, he lays down by her and spoons with her (it was really cute). I also like the part when he washes the dishes then makes her a really nice breakfast, which makes Kate cry because she's so happy. My other favorite part is when Kate's old boyfriend is in a mental home for talking about time travel and he is talking to a girl named Grechen about how he's being judged for seeing what others couldn't. He compares time to something as real as the chair she is sitting on, and then says that he feels like a dog that saw a rainbow, because all the other dogs wouldn't believe him because dogs don't see color. Then, Grechen said "I believe you," and burst into tears.
In conclusion, if you are a lover of romantic comedies, you will love this movie.
Grade: 100%
In the movie "Kate and Leopold", Hugh Jackman plays the Perfect Man. He's kind, beautiful, considerate, and has a nice voice with a highly developed vocabulary. I want a man like Leopold some day, that is, if any men like him exist.
I love "Kate and Leopold"! In this movie, Hugh Jackman is the definition of sexy!

No comments: