I decided for some books it was kind of hard to decide, so I created a kind of rating scale. I'll explain what certain intervals of ten mean and give you a book example.
0-10% Horrible. An embarrassment to literature and horribly written with a weak story line. To me, this usually involves the harming of a whale that the author tries to make seem funny. Ex. "Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams.
10-20% Slightly better than horrible, but at least a bit bearable. Ex. "Bear Dance" by Will Hobbs.
20-30% Failed, but had some good morals. Ex. "Ghost of Girlfriend's Past (movie)".
30-40% An excellent idea, but the author totally messed up the idea (Take a guess at what my example is going to be, huh?) Ex. "Leviathan" by Scott Westerfeld.
40-50% This may be a literary work of art or a classic, but I didn't really find anything special in it. Ex. "Little Women" by Louissa May Alcott.
50-60% I was forced to read this but I kinda liked it. "James and the Giant Peach" by Rahl Dahl.
60-70% Things in this region are kind of like "okay, it could have been better, a lot better." Ex. "Push (movie)"
70-80% Acceptable. I would probably read any book or watch any movie rated from here to 100% again. Ex. "Twilight (movie)".
80-90% Captivating. These books and movies pulled my attention and kept it. Ex. "Isle of the Dead" by Emily Rodda.
90-100% Emotionally captivating. These books or movies usually were in my dreams or kept me so hooked. They went above and beyond what was required and went straight to the heart or soul in some way. These were either scary, sad, or taught me a lesson in an interesting way. Ex. "The Fountain (movie)", "Island of the Blue Dolphins" by Scott O'dell, "Infected" by Scott Sigler, "A Ring of Endless Light" by Madeline L'Engle, "The Lovely Bones (movie)", "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold.
So, here's how you can understand my grading scale. Here you go.... enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment